Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Titan meets my family

     This past weekend my family was able to make a trip down here from Idaho to meet Titan as well as to attend his baby blessing.  They arrived Friday night and stayed until Monday morning.  It was really fun and special for me to introduce Titan to them, they all love him very much and think he's pretty darn cute.  I have to agree with them, lol :)  I was proud of him each day that they were here, he was very well behaved and didn't have a problem with constantly being passed around from person to person. On Saturday Titan and I went with them up to Primary Children's Hospital to visit my sister and her husband, as well as see their baby girl, Saylor, as she just came out of surgery.

*Side story* My niece, Saylor Williams, has had a hard time concerning her health since she was born.  It started as jaundice, but as the weeks went by we noticed that it didn't go away.  Her skin color continued to darken and her health continued to go down.  She went to several doctors appointments and soon learned that her liver was not working properly and was having a hard time passing fluids (can't remember what exact fluid it's supposed to be passing) and was beginning to fail.  The doctors told Lindsey, my sister and her mom, that there was a chance that if it did not get better then Saylor may not live to see her 2nd birthday.  She was admitted to Primary Children's Hospital where she stayed for 6 weeks before a liver was donated that matched what she needed.  It's sad that another baby had to die for her to receive a liver but we are all so very grateful that one was donated as her liver was in the last stages of liver failure and it was just a matter of time before her body gave up.  Today Saylor is recovering very well from surgery and her body has accepted the new liver and gall bladder smoothly.  She will stay for another 6 weeks until she is completely healed before she can go home.  It's really cool to see her dark skin lighten and become white, she looks like a completely different baby.*

It was fun to be there as a complete family, minus TJ as he had to stay behind due to meetings.  It's been a while since we have been able to do that, I enjoyed it very much.


My sister Kylee holding Titan 

     After we left the hospital and started to head home, we stopped by Cabellas to check it out and look around.  I have never been there and had a lot of fun seeing all of the animal displays and learning more about different animals that I had never seen.  I held Titan as we walked around and told him about the animals we were looking at. I wish he could have understood what I was saying to him but it was really fun for me to pretend like he could and teach him new things.  The fish tank was AMAZING!!  I have never ever ever seen fish so big, it was so cool!  There were salmon, steelhead salmon, black basses, catfish, crappie, sunfishes, carp, small sturgeon, and so many more.  Some just stared right through the glass at you or at the logs inside, never moving :)  One of them was between a log and the wall- upside down! 
     We went home and had a nice dinner with TJ's family, played some games with them and watched movies.  It was nice to relax and spend time with both families.  Over all, the weekend was wonderful and I can't wait to do it again.


Kylee and I in front of the fish tank


Kylee with a fish "swimming into her mouth" ;)


The upside down fish


No comments:

Post a Comment